.

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Hang Up and Drive Essay -- Persuasive, social reform, Argumentative, c

Imagine my typical temptday commute on a casual mid-morning. Ill be dressed and ready to stumble the decennium mile drive from Vancouver to Portland for work. As I turn the key and fanny out, I slam the brakes as a green belatedly model Sienna almost T-bones me when Im clearly half-way out the street. I glare back, want any driver would, and see she is still talking on her sound making her way around me like I was a humble obstacle in her day. I drive out the neighborhood and make my way to the interstate. At the next intersection I get stuck at a light that just turns green plot a kid, I can see the Class of 2010 writing all around the car, has their item down tapping a text message out and looks up by and by I chirp my horn. By this time ive developed a daub of impatience thats working its way to road rage and its getting provide by my commute that brings me across the Glen Jackson Bridge. Numerous times I see the triangle, which is the im on the phone multi-tasking an d I forgot how to drive pose. I finally make it into work at my last wits. I toss off to walk in when I almost get mowed down by a fellow coworker. This is the point where I call in to work cause I need a mental health day. Everyone set forth is the sum product of the problem of driving while using a cell phone.This day was not a dramatization but more than of a realization of a problem we have here in the Portland Metro Area. I feel on this short commute my anger was not directed at any certain demographic. There is no age, pay grade, religious affiliation associate with my rage. It is that my fellow commuters disregard their local anaesthetic laws while using their cell phone. My solution would be charge a cell phone user with a primary traffic usurpation and implement current technol... ..., David, Frank Drews, and Dennis Couch. A Comparison of the Cell skirt number one wood and the Drunk Driver. A Comparison of the Cell telephone set Driver and the Drunk Driver. Univer sity of Utah, 04 Mar. 2005. Web. 28 Feb. 2010. . Repko, Melissa. Oregon Senate passes bill banning driving while using hand-held cell phone Oregon Local intelligence service - OregonLive.com. Oregon Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - OregonLive.com. The Oregonian, 23 June 2009. Web. 01 Mar. 2010. . Cell Phone Subscribers in the U.S., 19852008 Infoplease.com. Infoplease Encyclopedia, Almanac, Atlas, Biographies, Dictionary, Thesaurus. Free online reference, research & homework help. Infoplease.com. Web. 01 Mar. 2010. .

No comments:

Post a Comment